ACTIONS TO TAKE IN BUILDING SELF-ESTEEM
1. Take conscious charge of your own life - of everything you think, say, and do. It is not the event that is important as your reaction to that event. You can choose your reactions.
2. Recognize and accept your own authority to make the ultimate decision on everything you do, for it is you who profits or suffers according to the consequences of your every choice.
3. Be kind and gentle with yourself and give
your own basic needs TOP priority with the understanding that your onw well-being is your primary responsibility. Remember that the better you take care of your own needs, the more able and willing you are to contribute to the needs of others.
4.Remember that you are not your actions. Your actions are but the means your awareness selects to satisfy your needs.
5. Have a meaningful life objective aand conscientiously work toward its fulfillment.
6. Do NOT depend on other's opinions or actions for a sense of personal worth and importance.
7. Do not procrastinate. Either generate the necessary motivation through careful evaluation of the pros and cons or dismiss the proposed activity from your mind.
8. Keep in mind that you invariably do the best your current awareness and skills permit, and that you always have. Purge yourself of any self-condemnation, shame, blame, guilt, or remorse.
9. Allow yourself the freedom to make mistakes, to fail, without self-accusation, feeling defeated or 'less than'. See mistakes as areas for further growth.10. Let go of criticism, condemnation and resentment by realizing that everyons is doing the best his prevailing awareness permits.